Hi Blogger, Its been 1 year since my last post here. I missed you. I missed talking to myself, I missed sharing memories and thoughts about my life. There's a lot of changes after 1 year and yes, I'm still here! I owe you a lot of stories. I definitely will tell you whatever stories that I can, Can I start now?
In 2015, I'm 21 years old that time, I'm just starting my career, Enjoying my first job in a hospital as a Novice Nurse and trying to learn a lot of techniques in order for me to become a better Nurse, I'm employed in one of the famous hospital in my place, I'm a new nurse so I do have a lot a difficulty of adjusting that time specially dealing with strict co-workers, patients, medications, communicable diseases but I'm still happy that I'm working with them, I learned a lot even though I just worked there less than one year. I made a lot of mistake because of that my co - worker made fun of me, they laugh and I'm not sure if they called me names and that made me devastated and depressed. While riding a tricycle going home after a long day at work, I received a text from my brother, He's talking about Visa. God is Great, Our Visa came and its time for my family to live together in one place. I'm so happy that time. I feel depressed at work but God doesn't let me down. Being a Nurse is like having a Love - Hate Relationship. You love it but you hate it. The time came and I decided to send my Resignation Letter to CEO and Chief Nurse. Even though I'm not happy anymore at work, I'm sad that I will leave my co - workers and the memories are still fresh, the joy of feeling that your application accepted, my first day at work, the first thank you from patient, that things will never fade in my mind.
June 2015, My mom came home to pick us up, I celebrated my birthday in the Philippines and after 2 days, we finally arrived at YVR Airport. My extended family picked us up at Airport, Its summer that time so its not cold but its not warm. While travelling going to my aunt's home, I started to feel the Culture shock emotions, I can see the roads are wide, a lot of trees, different designs of home, I feel different. I still remember the first meal that I ate when I arrived, Its Barbeque Chicken from Superstore that my Grandmother bought which became my favorite!
After a month, my aunt helped me to find work, I send my resume to a caregiving company. I'm fine with caregiver work, for now. At least Nursing and Caregiving is similar. We care people. Interview was okay even though I'm not that confident in speaking English. Finally, They hired me. Yes, Caregiver as my first job here in Canada, Not bad because they're gonna pay me for $13 per hour. Same with Nursing, I have Love - Hate Relationship with my new job. I'm not confident with my self, not assertive and I hate socializing with other people. Socializing is important to caregiving work because you will meet a lot of people, different health care workers, seniors and family members. Too bad, I'm asocial person. I hate meeting new people, I'm shy and not confident, To sum up, I'm socially awkward person. "I love this work but I hate it" sentiments again. But after 2 years with my company, I learned a lot. Being confident, techniques on how to be a good caregiver, be assertive and I learned how health care run in Canada that will help me if I'm going to be a nurse here someday.
In the same month, I also learned about how to start my application to become a nurse in Canada. My aunt and I went to CRNBC to ask what will I gonna do to start my application. They gave me a calling card and want us to check a certain website, they said I'm gonna use that website to start my application and that is NNAS or National Nursing Assessment Service that runs by CGFNS Philadelphia USA. I'm frustrated because they told us that its a long process. February 2016, I decided to apply for NNAS because my co - worker encouraged me to start my assessment. Until now, I'm still processing my license. I will write different post about my nursing journey here soon!
I feel sad that I left Philippines but It will never changed the face that I'm still Filipino. Its been 2 years that I'm here in Canada. There has been ups and downs in my life but I will not surrender!
No comments:
Post a Comment